12.2.6 - MSCFINST Trying To Create DB Links For Decentralized Instances And Errors or Messages Occur
(Doc ID 577487.1)
Last updated on JUNE 30, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.0 and later
Oracle Process Manufacturing Process Planning - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FORM:MSCFINST.FMB - Define Application Instances
REPORTED IN 12.2.6 - DEC-2016
- DEV made a fix to validate DB link for EBS to APS which reintroduced bug 6664118 - Refer to Bug 25243097
- 12.2.6 has MSCFINST.fmb 120.21.12020000.11 - and this will be fixed in version 120.21.12020000.12 to be released in a cum patch sometime in 2017
- Use the workaround and create EBS to APS DB link on both EBS and APS instances
First reported on 12.0.4 and fixed in 12.0.6
1. Users followed the instructions in <Note 465259.1> EBS and APS Decentralized Apps Instances
Overview and Diagram. However when they try to populate the From Source To APS field in MSCFINST - Application Instances form the following error occurs:
Error validating the database link
This is strange because they can validate the database links with sql from both the source and destination instances via the note.
2. Users also tried to populate the next field over called From APS To Source and the following message
Currently installed/licensed options of Advanced Supply Chain Planning product do not allow
Distributed Instances. Please consult the implementation guide and upgrade notes for details
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create DB links as per note 465259.1
2. Try to populate the Instances form in the field From Source to APS and From APS to Source
3. Error or message occurs
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document