Failed Release Instruction is Retained on Orders that Failed to Release due to Over Releasing Set to Never
(Doc ID 727246.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 5.5 to 5.5 [Release 5.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
On 5.5.04, When attempting to release an Order Base that has already been attempted to be released, but failed to get released because of other reasons, the following error occurs:
Failed to Create Order Release. For Order Base <Order Base ID>, the new Total released Weight <xx kg> is greater than the line weight <x kg> and over releasing is not allowed
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create 2 order bases with a line each with Over releasing set to NEVER
2. Go to Order Management - Purchase Order - Order Base - Order Base Line and search for the first Order Base
3. Select that line and then run the action - Release Total Order Amount
4. The order gets released. Then from the same menu, query for both order bases and try to run the action, Release Total Order Amount
5. This fails because the first order base is already released and a second attempt to release it fails. The second order base should have been released but that also fails
6. Select the second order base separately, and then try to run the same action. This time the error message is shown: "Failed to Create Order Release. For Order Base <Order Base ID>, the new Total released Weight <xx kg> is greater than the line weight <x kg> and over releasing is not allowed".
Due to this issue, users have to manually delete the release instructions for failed release attempts before attempting to release orders
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document