Failed Release Instruction is Retained on Orders that Failed to Release due to Over Releasing Set to Never
(Doc ID 727246.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version: 5.5 to 5.5
This problem can occur on any platform.
On 5.5.04, When attempting to release an Order Base that has already been attempted to be released
but failed to get released because of other reasons, the following error occurs:
Failed to Create Order Release. For Order Base <Order Base ID>, the new Total released
Weight <xx kg> is greater than the line weight <x kg> and over releasing is not allowed
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create 2 order bases with a line each with Over releasing set to NEVER
2. Go to Order Management - Purchase Order - Order Base - Order Base Line and search for the first
3. Select that line and then run the action - Release Total Order Amount
4. The order gets released. Then from the same menu, query for both order bases and try to run the
action, Release Total Order Amount
5. This fails because the first order base is already released and a second attempt to release it
fails. The second order base should have been released but that also fails
6. Then select the second order base separately and then try to run the same action, this time the
error message, "Failed to Create Order Release. For Order Base <Order Base ID>, the new
Total released Weight <xx kg> is greater than the line weight <x kg> and over
releasing is not allowed" is shown.
-- Business Impact:
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users have to manually delete the release instructions for failed release
attempts before attempting to release orders
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process, and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|