XID of Object Getting Corrupted When Editing Objects in Multiple Windows
(Doc ID 731797.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 02, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 5.5 to 6.3.5 [Release 5.5 to 6.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
When editing two objects of the same Object Type in two different Browser Windows and clicking finished on one of the Screens, the XID saved for that object is using the Object ID from the other window. This corrupts the data being stored in the database.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
This is an example using the Copy Order action (the problem can occur in many other ways than this):
1. Login to OTM
2. Navigate Order Management > Order Release > Order Release
3. Search for Order Release
4. Select checkbox on left of Order Release and perform Actions > Copy Order Release.
5. New Window Opens with copied Order Release
6. Click Edit on original Order Release (done to view details on original Order Release)
7. On copied Order Release, enter new Order Release ID. Click on Ship Unit tab and click Finished.
8. Navigate Order Management > Order Release > Order Release
9. Search for Order Release that starts with an Order Release ID of your both order releases.
10. Note screen shot below. See that both ID’s are listed as in Steps 4 and 7 above (Order
Release GID) but that the Order Release ID column (Order Release XID)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!