R12: Definition Access Set Restricts All Responsibilities
(Doc ID 735944.1)
Last updated on JULY 13, 2020
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:GLXSTDAC.fmb - Definition Access Set
A Definition Access is defined and assigned to one responsibility. However, once this is completed the Definition Access affects all responsibilities. A responsibility that is
not assigned the Definition Access Set, or any Definition Access Sets, inherits the Access Set of the responsibility that is assigned the Data Access Set.
To reproduce the issue...
1) Sign into Oracle General Ledger (GL) that has access to the following navigation/form:
Setup : Financials : Definition Access Sets : Define - navigate to this form.
2) Create a new Definition Access Set - enter the user defined name and description and save.
3) Navigate to Setup : Financials : Definition Access Sets : Assign - Assign the newly created Definition Access set to the responsibilities that you would like to be in effect for. Setting the default access levels (use/view/modify) that are desired and if the definition is to be AutoAssigned. Save this assignment.
4) Navigate to the definition to secure. The following are the definition types that can be secured at this time:
FSG Reports and components
Query the specific definition that you would like to secure.
5) After querying the specific definition that is needed to be secured, check the Enable Security checkbox, this will enable the Assign Access button.
6) Select the Assign Access button - Select the newly defined/assigned Definition Access from the list of values. Verify that the default values are correct - press the OK button - save your changes.
7) After the GLDASF Compile Definition Access Sets program completes with success the definition will now be secured.
After assigning, logged in as General Ledger Supervisor. Queried report component, could only view not update. Changed responsibility to General Ledger Super User Controller, this has no access sets assigned to it. Queried same report component could only view update.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document