When Using AME With Category Rules "FYI Approvers", Requisitions Are Automatically Approved Even With Owner Can Approve = No
(Doc ID 748654.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
When using Approvals Management Engine AME for Requisitions approval and the only applicable AME Rule is a FYI (For Your Information) rule and Owner Can Approve is not checked in Document Types, Preparer can self approve Requisitions.
It is expected in this case that the Requisition TO NOT be Approved (as Owner Can Approve is not checked) and the FYI notification to be sent to the requester that the requisition could not be approved.
Steps To Reproduce:
1) In Oracle Purchasing > Setup > Document Types for Purchasing Requisitions, "Owner Can Approve" is unchecked.
2) In AME, Action type =Approval-group chain of authority
3) In AME, Rules the only applicable rule for the requisition has category = For Your Information.
4) In AME, the conditions in effect are listed in a rule that has an Approval Group with one Participant
5) Create Requisition and submit for approval in Oracle Purchasing
6) The Requisition status changed to 'APPROVED' and FYI notification was sent member of the Approval Group described in step 4) above.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document