Asset Workbench (FAXASSET): Errors With 'APP-OFA-48392: You cannot change the cost of an asset which is in extended depreciation' When Adding Invoices To CIP Assets
(Doc ID 758928.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Assets - Version 12.0.0 to 12.0.6 [Release 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance 02-Oct-2012***
Trying to add invoices to CIP assets, returns the error:
APP-OFA-48392: You cannot change the cost of an asset which is in extended depreciation.
-- Steps to Reproduce --
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Navigate to Asset > Asset Workbench. Click Addition
1) Enter the Asset Description, Category, Key.
2) Select the Type as CIP.
3) Click Continue.
4) Enter the Book Details. The depreciation method and other financial details defaults from Category.
5) Click Assignments
6) Enter the Depreciation Expense Code Combination and Location.
7) Click Done.
8) A CIP Asset is Created.
9) Query the CIP Asset in Asset Workbench
10) Click Source Line Button.
11) Enter the Invoice Details.
12) Enter the Amount.
13) Click Done. -- error appears --
Recently upgraded to 12.0.6 by applying the 12.0.6 patch plus the Nov CPC patches.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Still Have Questions?|