Receiving Non Inventory (Expense) Item does not generate Accounting Entries.
(Doc ID 761818.1)
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Process Manufacturing Financials - Version 12.0.4 to 12 [Release 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Executable:GMFXUPD - OPM Accounting Pre-Processor
Checked for Relevance on 23-SEP-2014
Finding that when non-inventory Items are received, journal entries are not created. The Journal entries are correct when receiving either an Inventory Item or an Expense Item on a Purchase Order.
It is only when a Non-Inventory Item is received that the Journal entries are not created for the delivery to inventory.
There are no journal entries created at all, as verified on the receiving transactions form, the Detailed Subledger Report and through viewing journal entries created.
Expected behaviour is for the following entries to be posted:
1) For receipt - Dr ISP; Cr AAP;
2) For delivery to inventory - Dr EXP; Cr ISP.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Non-inventory Item, enabling only the Purchasable check box. (Specifically, do not enable the Costing and the Inventory check boxes).
2. Create PO, approve PO, receive PO.
3. Run the following - OPM pre processor, Create accounting.
4. Verify in the Detailed Subledger Report, or through viewing the journal entries in the SLA.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!