R12: Earned Value Tab In Project Performance Reporting Page Does Not Display Earned Value, Planned Value, Cost Variance, Cost Performance Index
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Project Planning and Control - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Earned Value tab of the Project performance page does not display correct values for the Earned Value Cost Variance, Cost Performance Index.
The Schedule tab of the Task Details page on the workplan does show correct values for Earned Value, Planned Value, Cost Variance and Cost Performance Index.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Before performing these steps, verify the Current Reporting Period covers the current date.
1. For a project, verify a task on the workplan has a physical % complete derivation
method of 'cost' or 'effort'.
2. Assign resources to the task with amounts.
3. Publish the workplan.
4. Enter actuals and run distribute cost processes
(e.g. enter a timecard against the task, run distribute labor, etc)
5. Run PRC: Update Project and Resource Base Summaries
6. Run PRC: Update Project Performance Data
7. Navigate to the workplan and view the task's schedule tab.
Verify the earned value fields have been populated.
8. Navigate to the Financial tab, Percent Complete region
9. Click 'Update Physical % Complete from Workplan' and click 'Save'
so that the reporting tab will also calculate and populate values.
10. Navigate to the Reporting Tab. Select View 'Task Summary' and click Go.
11. Click the 'Earned Value' tab. In our case, the last four columns are not populated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms