Transfer Owner In Install Base Does Not Consider Contract Transfer Rule
(Doc ID 784844.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 01, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that when transferring an IB instance to a related party, the system does not recognize the relationship and therefore transfers / terminates the contract (line) that covers the instance, similar to what it does for non-related parties
Expect that the system would honor the transfer rules: "Terminate if not related' and 'Transfer if not Related' as set on the coverage template of the service contract that covers the instance
1. In the Installed Base, find an item instance that is covered by a contract that has the transfer rule 'Transfer if not related'.
2. Change ownership of that instance to a related party.
3. Find that the contract is terminated and a new contract is created for the new owner. The existing contract should have been left untouched.
4. Find an instance that is covered by a contract that has the transfer rule 'Terminate if not related'
5. Change ownership of that instance to a related party.
6. Find that the contract is terminated. The existing contract should have been left untouched.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document