Order Movement is Failing to Plan When it Requires More Than One Equipment Due to Load Configuration Placement
Last updated on JULY 09, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Operational Planning - Version: 5.5.04 to 5.5.06
This problem can occur on any platform.
Two or more Order Movements are being planned where they all create a single Order Bundle. Load Configuration is being used and it is found that the entire bundle can not fit onto a single Equipment. When the Order Movement that is used to create the next shipment is less than the LOAD CONFIG VOLUME THRESHOLD, this Order Movement fails to plan, and is being set to a Status of: OM_PLANNING_PLANNED - FINAL).
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Created 2 or more Order Releases and therefore 2 or more Order Movements where the first few fill the equipment completely, leaving the last to be forced onto a second shipment
2. Set the following Parameter to be used on the Parameter Set
LOAD CONFIG VOLUME THRESHOLD set to a value that is bigger than the threshold of the that the last Order Movement would use on its own equipment.
3. Navigate to Order Management -> Order Release -> Order Movement
4. Search for the Order Movements defined above
5. Select the Order Movements, then Actions -> Bulk Plan
6. Select Parameter Set defined above
This will successfully plan the first few orders on a single shipment. The last (small) order fails to plan. It is expected that this should successfully plan as if it would if it were planned separately.
6. Navigate to Order Management -> Order Release -> Order Movement
7. Search for the Order Movements defined above
8. Select the small/last Order Movement
9. Click "View" button
10. Click "Status" button
Notice that this has a Status of "OM_PLANNING_PLANNED - FINAL" although this is the one that failed to plan.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms