Deadlocks Occur when Multiple ITS Processes are Running
Last updated on MARCH 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for currency and updated on 11-Mar-2017
Deadlock errors occur when multiple Interface Trip Stop (ITS) or ITS-SRS processes are running at the same time.
Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Schedule one ITS-SRS process to run at regular intervals to process different trip stops belonging to the same orders.
2. As these ITS-SRS processes are running, submit additional ITS requests for other deliveries associated to the same order lines.
3. ITS processes appear to hang
4. Review the alert.log file, see deadlock errors.
5. Alternatively, one ITS process may succeed and the other process ends in warning. The locking error will be seen in the ITS debug log file of the process which failed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms