R12/CE: Bank Account Transfer Question / Answer
(Doc ID 857194.1)
Last updated on MARCH 21, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Cash Management - Version 12.0.0 to 12.2.5Cloud [Release 12 to 12.2Cloud]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User inadvertently ended up recording a Bank Transfer between two bank accounts.
However, you transfer money between the two bank accounts in question, but since cash management is not implemented for one of the transacting bank account, we create manual journals directly in GL.
Therefore one side of the transaction has create the accounting entries, however the other side
of the Bank Account Transfer could not create the accounting entries since you do not have Cash Management implemented for the other bank account. You have created manual journals for the other side of the entry in GL now, you want to understand the implications of doing such a transfer:
1) Does this kind of transfer ever going to create any problem or you are fine since you have
not implemented Cash Management for the other bank account?
2) If you decide to implement Cash Management in future for the other bank account, what considerations you should take in view of this transaction sitting in the system?
Q2: After Manual clearing, will the transaction be still unreconciled. Will it continue to appear on unreconciled report?
Q3: If you decide to implement Cash Management for this account in future, will this transaction appear as unreconciled?
Q4: If you clear it now and reconcile it later (if you implement CM in future), reconciliation at that state is going to create any entries? If yes, how will that be different from the Clearing accounting entries?
Q5: What is the actual purpose of clear functionality? What are the scenarios when you use it?
Q6: Do you have to run create accounting program after clearing the transaction so as to create the accounting entries.
Q7: Therefore for every BAT, an event CE_BAT_CREATED remains unaccountable even if it is completed from both the sides?
Q8: How to setup another user to approve the bank account transfer before it is processed for payment and/or journalized?
Q9: How To Do Bank Account Transfer (BAT) Which Settles In Cash Management?
2. Why Message About Source Bank Account currency Is Generated When Submitting a BAT?
3. When you do the Bank Transfer, the system generate the Bank Transfer number. You want to know where you can setup this sequence number?
Q12. When try to create BAT it errors as:
1) The Closure Date for the Source Account is earlier than the Transfer Date for the Bank Account. Please choose a different Transfer Date for the Bank Account.
2) The Closure Date for the Destination Account is earlier than the Transfer Date for the Bank Account. Please choose a different Transfer Date for the Bank Account.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!