GLLEZL : Error EM30 in Journal Import
(Doc ID 943582.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2018
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.0.0 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Executable:GLLEZL - Journal Import
- When run journal import the following error occurs.
- ERROR - EM30 This balancing segment value is not valid for this ledger
- But in the accounting setup manager for this ledger under Balancing Segment Values you can see all the balancing segments are already assigned for this ledger.
Symptom 2 :
The journal import launched by the Consolidation program ends in error.
EM30 This balancing segment value is not valid for this ledger.
- When I run the journal import program gllezl I get an error "EM30 - This balancing segment value is not valid for this ledger" on every line and "EF04 This is an invalid Accounting Flexfield. Check your cross-validation rules and segment values" on some lines.
- The 'Journal Import Execution Report' shows the error EM30 on all lines even though for most lines this is not true The BSV's were correct for this ledger.
- This makes it difficult to know which lines have the problem with the balancing segment value (BSV) and which do not so it looks confusing.
- When we checked in the accounting setup manager for this ledger we did find that some of the Balancing segment values were not assigned to this ledger but most were. Why does the 'Journal Import Execution Report' show the same error on all lines.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!