Custom Price Hook Example: How To Retain Price on Requisition to Autocreated PO When Allowing Price Override
(Doc ID 943702.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.0.4 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
POXPOEPO.fmx - Purchase Orders form
POXRQERQ.fmx - Requisitions form
POXBWVRP.fmx - AutoCreate form
How to retain price on requisition to autocreated standard purchase order SPO using custom price hook when the source agreement allows price override?
Current functionality without custom price hook:
- The "Allow Price Override" is applicable both for Global Blanket Purchase Agreement GBPA as well as local BPAs. This determines whether the buyer could change the price in the execution document (SPO or Release).
- When the requisition is created, it could be created with or without a source document reference.
If using iProcurement, when the catalog (GBPA/BPA) is used , the price cannot be changed.
- During the auto-create the buyer clubs the requisition lines (which may or may not have the source document reference) and creates the Purchasing document. This document can be an execution document (A release or a SPO referring to a GBPA or Global Contact Purchase Agreement GCPA) OR it can be standalone Standard PO. If this is an execution document system ALWAYS tries to reprice the PO Line based on the source document. This is intended.
- After the execution document is created, the agreement's "Allow Price Override" takes control. Based on this flag buyer may/may not change the price in the Standard PO/Release.
So, to retain requisition price when source agreement allows price override, custom price hook must be used to retain the requisition line price for the SPO line.
- Create a Global Blanket Purchase Agreement with line item id = 176749, line item price = 33. Allow Price Override = Yes. Approve GBPA.
- Create a Requisition with a line sourced from the above GBPA. Update line price = 30 (from 33.) Approve Requisition.
- Autocreate Standard Purchase Order from the Requisition above.
- Retain SPO line price = 30 from the Requisition line for the autocreated SPO.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document