Encumbrance Accounting Is Not Getting Generated When Encumbrance Accounting Is Turned On Without Enabling Budgetary Control
Last updated on JANUARY 09, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Purchasing Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Purchasing - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After turning on Encumbrance accounting and turning off budgetary control, the Purchase Orders (PO) are no longer encumbered. The 'Create Accounting' output says, "There are no eligible transactions to be processed."
After enabling encumbrance accounting but disabling budgetary control, the POs on approval will reserve funds, and will show up in Create Accounting.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to "Manage Budgetary Control and Encumbrance Accounting".
2. Choose the business unit.
3. Enable "Enable budgetary control for the ledger and all journal sources and categories", and provide the Reserve for Encumbrance Account.
4. Enable Encumbrance Accounting, but switch off "Budgetary Control".
5. Turn on Procurement, Procurement Business Function and Purchase Orders only.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms