Encumbrance Accounting Is Not Getting Generated When Encumbrance Accounting Is Turned On Without Enabling Budgetary Control
(Doc ID 2346582.1)
Last updated on MARCH 30, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Purchasing - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Purchasing Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After turning on Encumbrance accounting and turning off budgetary control, the Purchase Orders (PO) are no longer encumbered. The 'Create Accounting' output says, "There are no eligible transactions to be processed."
After enabling encumbrance accounting but disabling budgetary control, the POs on approval will reserve funds, and will show up in Create Accounting.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to "Manage Budgetary Control and Encumbrance Accounting".
2. Choose the business unit.
3. Enable "Enable budgetary control for the ledger and all journal sources and categories", and provide the Reserve for Encumbrance Account.
4. Enable Encumbrance Accounting, but switch off "Budgetary Control".
5. Turn on Procurement, Procurement Business Function and Purchase Orders only.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document