List of Defects Fixed in Oracle VM 3.2.1 since 3.1.1
(Doc ID 1534780.1)
Last updated on MAY 26, 2020
Applies to:Oracle VM - Version 3.1.1 to 3.1.1 [Release OVM31]
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Version N/A and later
The following notable bugs (defects) are fixed in Oracle VM Release 3.2.1:
Oracle VM Manager
- unpublished Bug 14054162 - Removes unnecessary locks when creating VNICs in a multi-threaded operation.
- unpublished Bug 15838028 - Fixes the issues where closing the browser leaves open jobs in Oracle VM Manager in a bad state.
- unpublished Bug 14111234 - Fixes the issue when discovering a virtual machine that has disks in a undiscovered repository or has undiscovered physical disks.
- unpublished Bug 14054133 - Fixes a bug of object not found where vdisks are left stale in certain multi-thread operations.
- unpublished Bug 14176607 - Fixes the issue where Oracle VM Manager would hang after a restart due to various tasks running jobs in the global context.
- unpublished Bug 14136410 - Fixes the stale lock issue on multithreaded server where object not found error happens in some rare situations.
- unpublished Bug 14186058 - Fixes the issue where Oracle VM Manager fails to discover the server or start the server after the server hardware configuration (for example, the BIOS) was modified.
- unpublished Bug 14198734 - Fixes the issue where HTTP cannot be disabled.
- unpublished Bug 14065401 - Fixes Oracle VM Manager UI time-out issue where the default value was not long enough for storage repository creation.
- unpublished Bug 14163755 - Fixes the issue when migrating a virtual machine the list of target servers (and "other servers") was not ordered by name.
- unpublished Bug 14163762 - Fixes the size of the "Edit Vlan Group" window to display all information correctly.
- unpublished Bug 14197783 - Fixes the issue that navigation tree (servers) was not ordered by name.
- unpublished Bug 14338549 - Fixes the issue where the log files do not have sufficient information to determine why TCPS fails to be enabled.
- unpublished Bug 14318605 - Ensures that the upgrade process should not continue in case when the Oracle VM Manager cannot be stopped.
- unpublished Bug 14256453 - Fixes the issue in server rediscovery due to the yum repository URL reset.
- unpublished Bug 14222824 - Fixes the issue where iSCSI initiators were no longer associated with the ZFS Storage Appliance Access Groups after a restart of the Oracle VM Manager.
- unpublished Bug 14697223 - Adds check for network port value, prevents a null pointer exception from being thrown.
- unpublished Bug 14253137 - Improves the handling of slave ports with differing MTU settings during bond creation.
- unpublished Bug 14600223 - Fixes the issue where during discovery of a server mounts from file servers that do not have that server in its admin server list, were tried to be discovered.
- unpublished Bug 14350980 - Fixes the issue where the virtual network interfaces got reordered according to alphanumeric sorting of MAC address.
- unpublished Bug 14573204 - Fixes the issue where during server discovery, Oracle VM attempted to discover all file server mounts even if the server was not in the file server's admin server list.
- unpublished Bug 15924190 - Fixes the issue that it leaves jobs in a bad state when refreshing browser with open jobs. In addition, when the user closes a browser tab or the entire browser with open jobs, the session will be validated by the WebLogic server in the specified timeout value (default 30 minutes). So any pending jobs will be aborted at that time.
- unpublished Bug 15878716 - Fixes the issue that caused Oracle VM Manager HTTPS connections to fail with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, and 9 after applying the recent security update. Please review the Oracle VM Manager Upgrade Instructions section below for post-upgrade commands.
- unpublished Bug 15864022 - Adds support for dynamically changing the cluster store cache size. The default cache size is now 150K.
- unpublished Bug 15827070 - Fixes the "Object Not Found" issue when hitting the Escape button in the VLAN dialog box.
- unpublished Bug 16298678 - Fixes a security vulnerability exposed by Oracle VM Manager upgrade process.
- unpublished Bug 16287721 - Fixes the "Object Not Found" issue when a virtual disk file has been manually removed (or renamed).
- unpublished Bug 16273324 - Fixes a memory leak issue after exiting the Oracle VM Manager Command Line Interface (CLI) when running the exit.sh script.
- unpublished Bug 16211641 - Adds certain event classes required by some Oracle software.
- unpublished Bug 16179954 - Fixes the issue that the guest additions (VM-API) send keys and values are logged in events.
- unpublished Bug 16167030 - Adds support in CLI for returning the "Page83 ID" when listing physical disks.
Oracle VM Server
- unpublished Bug 16231401 - Fixes an upgrade issue to return the correct UUID when discovering an Oracle VM Server with an SMBIOS newer than version 2.6.
- unpublished Bug 16196266 - Sets a maximum of 20 vCPUs for Dom0 on large systems to provide better out-of-the-box10Gb Ethernet performance.
- unpublished Bug 16000702 - Adds IPMI lanplus interface support.
If you think you are hitting or likely to hit one or more of those defects, upgrade your Oracle VM configuration to 3.2.1
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Oracle VM Manager|
|Oracle VM Server|