[OVM/PCA] Unaligned Partition Cause Disk Performance Issue
(Doc ID 2146866.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2019
Applies to:Private Cloud Appliance - Version 2.0.5 and later
Oracle VM - Version 3.2.1 and later
- When adding additional disks to VMs it consistently appears to have throughput problems.(Not OS disk)
- Copy between the VMs within the OS disk (first disk) is fine and fast, where as copy to second disk is seeing bad performence
- Copy file between the VMs (between PRIMARY OS DISK) completed fast
- Copy file between the VMs (between SECONDARY DISK) takes very slow.
- The transfer rates appear good initially, then falls off dramatically
- In this case, using nfs repo both OS (primary) /vdisk (second)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document