OVM: CLI Script to Move VMs to a Different Repository
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle VM - Version 3.3.1 and later
Moving a VM from one repository to another can be somewhat tedious, especially if the VM has many vdisks or there are many vm's to move.
To completely move a VM, a clone-customizer must be created that specifies the target destination for each virtual disk.
The script provided with this article will assist with activities such as:
- moving a large number of vm's to another repository
- moving vm's with many virtual-disks to a another repository
- scheduled moving of VM's
- parameters to control stop and start of a vm before and after moving can be specified
It creates the clone-customizer(s) and moves the entire vm (vm.cfg file and all virtual-disks) to the destination repository.
Source and target ocfs2-based repositories must be in the same pool. NFS-based repositories can be in different pools but under the same manager.
- to move a vm to another pool (in same or different manager), this script could be used to move the vm(s) to another repository.
- ownership of that repository can be relinquished in one pool and taken over in another, using either the graphical or command-line user interface.
No warranty or support for the provided scripts is implied - they are provided "as is" for demonstration purposes and can be adapted as required.
This document and attachment were created from https://blogs.oracle.com/scoter/entry/oracle_vm_3_4_batch
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms