[OVM/PCA] GuestVM/Vdisks Creation as Non-Sparse Allocation and Cloning Vdisks from Sparse to Non-Sparse not Reflecting in Ovm GUI or CLI .
(Doc ID 2698876.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 19, 2021
Applies to:Private Cloud Appliance - Version 2.2.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Any of the following actions performed either on OVMM-GUI not reflecting on OVM BUI or CLI.
1. Creating VMs with non-sparse allocation as vdisk target location type.
2. Cloning sparse vdisks to non-sparse vdisk. .
3. Cloning sparse vm to new non-sparse vm allocation.
4. The cloned vdisks (.img) showing has sparse image instead of non-sparse
below example shows the vdisks in question shows as "sparse allocated" instead of "non-sparse" .
5. However, the jobs shows are showing successful for each of step(1 to 3) actions and no error visible either in ovmm-gui or ovs-agent logs for the same.
Changed the default nfs-share properties.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document