OCFS2: df and du commands display different results
(Doc ID 558824.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Linux Kernel - Version: 1.0
Oracle Cluster File System version version 2 (OCFS2) 1.x
# df -k /ocfs2
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda1 205346 11455 195434 6% /ocfs2
# du -sh /ocfs2
This situation begs the following questions:
- Why do the commands report different sizes?
- How does one recover this space from an OCFS2 filesystem?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
1. Select an appropriate OCFS2 cluster size
2. Check for orphaned files
3. Determine the current OCFS2 filesystem cluster size
4. Recreate OCFS2 filesystem using an appropriate cluster size