E-GL: A COBOL Process Calling Journal Edit and Post ABENDED at Step GL_JCOBOL.MAIN.COBOL (Action PeopleCode) With RC 8.
Last updated on OCTOBER 19, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.4 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 8.8 SP1 to 9.1 [Release 8.8 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
****Checked for Currency on July-29-2013****
****Checked for Currency on Jan-12-2015****
****Checked for Currency on Oct-19-2017****
Applies To: All PeopleTools releases . Net Express COBOL compiler on windows platform. Issue does not occur on UNIX/LINUX platforms.
A COBOL process calling Journal Edit (GL_JEDIT) and Post (GLPPPOST) ABENDED at Step GL_JCOBOL.MAIN.COBOL (Action PeopleCode) With RC 8.
1) Error presented in journal edit AE trace (i.e. AE_GL_JEDIT2_XXXX.AET).
Process 269 ABENDED at Step GL_JCOBOL.MAIN.COBOL (Action PeopleCode) -- RC = 8
2) Error presented in the journal edit PC/SQL trace (i.e. AE_GL_JEDIT2_XXXX.trc)
Stmt=INSERT INTO PSBATCHAUTH (GUID, CMDLN, CREATED_DTTM, TIMETOLIVE, HASH_SIGNATURE) VALUES (:1, :2, :3 ,:4, :5)
Bind-1 type=2 length=36 value=4edcfe97-226e-11df-b9fd-dce6da9aa226
Bind-2 type=2 length=35 value=Remote Call Command Line Irrelevant
Bind-3 type=25 length=23 value=2010-02-25 16:31:40.000
Bind-4 type=6 length=4 value=5
Bind-5 type=2 length=28 value=yeA5GkG7W0YoqRlyKslQT+8vEio=
3) Error presented in the log ( GL_JEDIT2_XXXX.log)
COBOL Program PTPECOBL aborted (2,-1) GL_JCOBOL.MAIN.GBL.default.1900-01-01.COBOL.OnExecute PCPC:647 Statement:2
Do Step Actions  Exception logged: RC=100.
Process 269 ABENDED at Step GL_JCOBOL.MAIN.COBOL (PeopleCode) -- RC = 8 (108,524)
4) No error presented in below remote call log/output file if remote call trace is turned on.
What Is Working
1) The journal from the COBOL process was edited and posted in a separate batch later on, which proved that there was no data issue with the journal itself.
2) If the same COBOL process ran without journal edit and post options or with journal edit option only, it would run to success without any error returned.
3) COBOL remote call test completed successfully on page PeopleTools -> Debug - > PeopleTools Test Utilities.
By following these steps the issue can be reproduced On-Site or DEMO:
1. Confirm that COBOL remote call test has run to success on PeopleTools > Debug > PeopleTools Test Utilities.
2. Run a COBOL process which creates journal(s) with journal edit and post options.
3. Process fails with above errors presented in the Journal Edit AE and PC/SQL trace.
Due to this issue, the journal cannot be edited/posted in the same process which originates the journal.
It requests additional batch process to edit/post journal hence results operational inefficiency.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms