Changes to eBenefits Selections May Be Processed Even When Submit Was Not Selected
(Doc ID 1260604.1)
Last updated on MARCH 29, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eBenefits - Version 8.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Subsequent benefit plan changes in eBenefits are picked up by Benefits Administration for all plans (except Spending Accounts in version 8.9 and 9.0) even though they do not go through the final Submit process because the Process Status does not change from Entered.
1. Submit election changes through eBenefits Self Service. Self Service > Benefits > Benefits Enrollment. Select open Event. Select Plan to Edit (such as Medical.) Change plan enrollment and Update Elections. Click subsequent Submit until the system confirms entry.
2. Review Update Event Status page. Benefits > Manage Automated Enrollment > Events > Update Event Status. Enter EMPLID. Note Process Status of Entered.
3. Return to eBenefits and change election. Self Service > Benefits > Benefits Enrollment. Select open Event. Select the same plan and change election. Click Update Election on both the election and confirmation page, then close out PeopleSoft session.
4. Run Benefits Administration. Benefits > Manage Automated Enrollment > Events > Run Automated Event Processing. Select Run Control. Enter Schedule ID and click Run.
5. Review elections. Benefits > Enroll in Benefits. Choose plan where changes were made. Review Base Benefits to see that second 'Unsubmitted' election is present.
Functionality was introduced in version 9.1 to allow employees to change Open Enrollment elections during the Open Enrollment window without an administrator's involvement. If the employee has submitted elections and the event has been processed and closed, the employee can re-open the event by simply going into it through Self Service. Similar to the situation reported in this document, any changes the employee makes to his/her elections for all plans, excluding Spending Accounts - whether submitted or not - will be stored and will take effect the next time Benefits Administration is run for Open Enrollment. For Spending Accounts, if the amount of an Annual Pledge is changed, it will take effect the next time the event is processed through Benefits Administration; a change from no election (which has resulted in the termination of a Spending Account) to an election to participate, however, will not result in an enrollment in the plan(s), that is, the termination will remain.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document