How "PO Status" Remains in Approved after a Change is Made on the Purchase Order that has not been Dispatched and Buyer Default PO Status is Set to Open
Last updated on JUNE 14, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How "PO Status" field remains in "Approved" after a change is made on the Purchase Order (PO) that has not been dispatched and Buyer "Default PO Status" is set to Open. Below is the condition where this occurs.
1. Purchasing Definition for the PO Business Unit (BU) is "not" setup for PO amount or chartfield approvals. Therefore Virtual Approver is not used.
2. Buyer Setup has "Default PO Status" set to Open.
3. User Preferences, user/buyer is authorized to approve PO's
1. PO is created and PO Status is "Open."
2. The Buyer that created the PO approves it by clicking on the green check mark. PO Status is now "Approved" and has not been dispatched yet.
3. Buyer goes back in the PO and increases the quantity (PO Qty), PO Status remains as "Approved." At this step some user may think the PO Status should have reverted back to "Open."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms