When Course Session is Updated to "Complete" Status, Two Identical Rows Are Inserted in Person Profile
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 14-June-2016***
Duplicate rows created on Person Profiles after saving Course Session to Completed status. When a course session is updated to a status of completed, only one row should be inserted to Person Profile.
Replication steps :
1. Enterprise Learning > Define Course > find an existing Course, select a License/ Certificates and Language on the Course Prereq/Goals tab. Save
2. Create a Session for the Course
3. Enterprise Learning > Student Enrollment > Enroll individually, enter the Employee info and select Enrolled, save
4. Ensure the Employee in (3) does not have existing License/ Certificates and Language in Person Profile
5. Enterprise Learning > Student Enrollment > Enroll individually, click on Transfer-Course Session Setup link
6. On the Course session page change the status to Completed and save.
7. Navigate to Workforce Development > Profile Management >Profiles > Person
8. Click on the Qualifications Link > Look at the License/ Certificate and Language sections. Note there is an Icon showing that there is History > Click on it ,
there are two rows showing the same License/ Language information.
Note: When tested with and existing Course CCEXT2 and existing Course Session 001, which has an existing EMPLID enrolled in the session, after I change the Course Session status from Active to Complete, Person Profile is updated correctly.
When tested with and existing Course CCEXT2 and create a NEW Course Session 003, and enroll a new EMPLID in the session, after I change the Course Session status from Active to Complete, Person Profile is updated with duplicate rows.
Another Set of Replication steps : When a Course has an Accomplishment assigned to a employee and the Course Session is set to complete, system inserts this Accomplishment into the Employee's Person Profile. When viewed on the Person Profile, the link to the Allocated Accomplishment shows the item twice, one with the Course Session Completed Date and another with the system date on which the user set the Course Session to Complete.
1. Create a new course (Set Up HRMS> Product Related> Enterprise Learning> Courses) and include an Accomplishment to be allocated to attendees once the Course Session has been set to Complete.
2. Create a new session for the new course (Set Up HRMS> Product Related> Enterprise Learning> Course Session).
3. Enroll an employee in the newly created session (Enterprise Learning> Student Enrollment> Enroll in Course) and set the status to Completed.
4. Set the Course Session Status to Completed.
5. Check the Employee's Person Profile. Accomplishment has been added to the Person Profile.
6. Click the link to the allocated accomplishment.
7. The accomplishment has been duplicated. One entry shows the date the Course Session is set to Complete and another row shows the effective date that the Course Session was set to a status of Complete.
Logic needed replacing with an interface with Event Manager, raising the new event "CourseSessionCompletion". When this event is processed, course competencies, licenses, and languages will be added as profile items to person profiles for all people enrolled in that course.
The interface between Course Session Enrollment and Profile Mgt has been completely redesigned base on the issue reported in <Bug 12552606> When a course session is marked as "Complete" and competencies/licenses/languages are tied to the course, an event (CourseSessionCompleted) is now raised in Event Manager. The handler of this event will process asynchronously to add profile items to all Emplid's listed in the Enroll Individually transaction. These changes were delivered in HRMS 9.1 Bundle #8.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms