Last updated on APRIL 12, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When new rows are inserted in Position Data record to change the department id the Supervisor ID on the Job data record is not updated from the Manager indicated on the new Department record.
Steps to Replicate:
Sign in using PS/PS
1. Select an employee who has a position data record, but does not have the Reports to Position entered on their Position Data record or their Job Data Record, but they does have Supervisor_ID filled in on Job Data.
2. Check the Supervisor ID on Job Data (Current, verify the Employee ID number and supervisor name) making sure that it matches the Manager ID on the Current Department ID record.
3. Check the Manager ID on the Department Record (Current), then check the Manager ID of the New Department
4. Check the Job Data record for that employee I used KC0018, the original Department ID was 10500, Supervisor_ID = KC0026; Manager ID = KC0026 on Department ID 10500
5. Insert a new effective dated row in the Position Data record, making sure the Update Incumbent flag is active.
6. Change the department ID on the Position Data record to Department ID 10000
7. Verify the Manager ID for Department ID 10000, it should be KU0005
8. Check the newly inserted Job Data record for Employee ID KC0001, note the new row was inserted however the Supervisor ID field was not updated it still remained KC0026, it should have changed to Supervisor_ID = KU0005.
No Errors are generated
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms