Error in Direct Reports Under Manager Self Service: "First Operand of . is NULL, so Cannot Access Member GetRecord. (180,236)"
(Doc ID 1519679.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eProfile Manager Desktop - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eCompensation Manager Desktop - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document now incorporates information from document 1543786.1, 1541932.1 and 1534065.1 which have been deleted.
Mutiple issues under direct reports in different pages:
User is not able to expand the Employee direct reports selection on the Direct Reports page to view Talent Summary. Also noted that incorrect employee's direct reports are expanded and or collapsed when clicking on the [+] sign to expand direct reports for the selected employee. A null pointer exception is noted when user logs out of PIA and logs back in and retry expanding employees direct reports.
First operand of . is NULL, so cannot access member GetRecord. (180,236) HR_DIRECT_REPORTS.EmployeeSelection.OnExecute Name:ExpandCollapse
The first operand of the dot operator is the NULL value, indicating the lack
of any object value. As a consequence, the given method or property cannot be used.
In Manager Self Service > Job and Personal Information > View Employee Personal Info, gets error for the last employee having a [+]. Click on the [+]
First operand of . is NULL, so cannot access member GetRecord. (180,236)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login as User ID PS and Employee ID KU0005.
2. Set Direct Reports for HR_EE_INF_MGR to be AccessType='4' (by Reports to Position).
3. Manager Self Service>Job and Personal Information> View Employee Personal Info
4. Click on the "+" symbol to expand the direct reports for last employee
5. Error message appears.
Manager Self Service > Job and Personal Information > Promote Employee
Changing the "As of date field" using future date or a past date, the expand button[+] does not work , it expands the direct reports of the previous employee.
For example Manager "M" has direct reports A , B and C and A has direct reports and has [+] and then next in the list is B having direct reports and thus having [+].
Try to change the date to a future date or a past date and click on [+] for B, the directs reports of A are displayed.
When a Manager has vacant positions reporting to them, the grid on Compensation History seems to get confused when attempting to expand to lower level employees. For example, selecting the + on employee 1 expands employee 3 - by the time you reach employee 5 or 6 a PeopleCode error is triggered "First operand is null..." User is unable to access Compensation History for a large percentage of employees.
1.) Main Menu > Manager Self Service > Compensation and Stock > View Compensation History.
2.) When attempting to expand (+) clicking on one Employee results in the expansion of other direct reports. This manager has three unfilled positions reporting to him.
If The Direct Report For Managers UI Components are set up to have the following
1. Allow Empty Positions
2. By Reports to Positions
For Direct Reports configuration, when the Manager has empty positions reporting to them, that are subsequently corrected to delete the row that contains their Position Number in the Reports to Position Number on these Empty Positions. If the manager tries to access the Manager Self Service eProfile pages that have been configured as above they get the following error: This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below
Steps to Replication
1. Create a new Job Code (Set Up HRMS>Foundation Tables> Job Attributes>Job Codes)
2. Create a new Position that is linked to this Job Code (Organizational Development>Position Management>Maintain Positions/Budgets> Add/Update Position Info)
3. Add this Position to an existing UK Employee (K0W006)
4. Update the any component UI in (Set Up HRMS>Common Definitions>Direct Reports for Managers>Configure Direct Reports UI) and check the Access Type is set to By Report to Position
5. Ensure that the Allow Vacant Positions check box is checked
6. Link two empty positions to the newly created position held by K0W006
7. Log into the dbase as the User linked to K0W006
8. Check the Component you have marked to ensure that you can view the Empty Positions. User a prior Effective Dated Search to ensure these positions were not linked to your Position prior to the effective date of the linking
9. Go back to (Organizational Development>Position Management>Maintain Positions/Budgets> Add/Update Position Info) and delete the rows that contained the Reports to Position number held by K0W006
10. As Manager K0W006 go back to the page where you were able to view the Empty Positions
11. The system issues the error Error: This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below with a long XML script beginning with
If you clear your cache files to see if that resolves the issue, the system presents the Manager with a blank page
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document