Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HRMS Time and Labor - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Approvals
Self approval for proxy is not working. Manager delegates approvals to their proxy in workgroup using TLByPosnSupervisor definition that has self approval turned on. When the proxy reports her own time it is not auto approved. When she logs in as manager and goes to her delegations she cannot see herself their either. The manager also cannot see the time to approve it so there is no way for anyone to approve the time at this point.
If definition is set to self approval, it should auto approve the reported and payable time for the proxy the approvals were delegated to. If the proxy reports their own time it should auto approve and doesn't.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Clone definition TLByPosnSupervisor
2) Turn on self approval check box
3) Make sure User auto approval is turned on
4) Setup Delegation on tlbyposnsupervisor
5) Create delegation request
6) Enter time for the proxy (same Emplid it is delegated)
7) Reported time shows needs approval, it does not auto approve
8) Login as Original Approver, since its delegated, he cannot see the employee to approve the time
9) Login as Proxy, select original approver’s role, navigate to MSS>Approve Reported time – Since its under MSS, his own time is not available.
10) Login as Proxy- go to Self Service>Timesheet – Time still shows in Needs Approval but approval check boxes are not available.
Due to this issue, users cannot approve the time for the proxy and the manager cannot either, the time stays in a limbo state and cannot be approved.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms