EGL: Ledger_KK Out Of Sync With Activity Log Because Header Is Not Locked During Budget Checking And Another User Changes or Deletes The Transaction
(Doc ID 1576799.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 11, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** checked for relevance 26-Apr-2018 ***
*** checked for relevance 05-Feb-2019 ***
*** checked for relevance 10-Nov-2020 ***
Several batch processes run for budget checking throughout the day. If a new transaction gets created and picked up by the budget checking process and while running the user goes back to delete or cancel the transaction while the transaction is being processed at the same time, the Commitment Control tables can get out of sync with the transactional tables. It appears to be an issue for AP, AR, EX, Cost Mgmt and PO.
Below are example replication steps.
Replication steps from Support:
1. Enable Commitment Control(KK)
2. Create a voucher with 30 Distrib Lines. Save it. Budget_hdr_status is set to 'N'
3. Create run control to run Budget checking.
4. Open new window to delete the Voucher
Do NOT click on OK button yet
While FS_BP is processing in Step AP_BP_EDIT.OpenPer.GetFlg, delete the Voucher (PS: Step FS_BP_SHDR.iSrcTAO.iSrcTAO has already executed).
Voucher is deleted
5. FP_BP finished with success (See details about the Steps/trace on screenshots)
6. Check Budget Active Log.
ERROR: FS_BP has produced KK entries for deleted Voucher (PS_VOUCHER.ENTRY_STATUS = X).
Replication steps from customer:
1. Create a voucher. Save it. Budget_hdr_status is set to 'N'
2. Open a second window where the voucher can be budget checked.
3. Have the third Window ready for the Voucher deletion. The voucher is not budget checked yet nor deleted.
4. Run the FS_BP processor for the voucher. wait till the process goes from queued to processing. Refresh every second.
5. when the FS_BP shows processing, on the third window where the delete voucher is ready, press the delete button.
6. Voucher is successfully deleted (entry_status marked as 'X') and the FS_BP has produced KK entries.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document