Change Order by EDX for Decrease in Price Triggers the Purchase Order (PO) Approval Workflow even when "Resubmit Workflow for Quantity or Price Decrease" is unchecked
(Doc ID 1598777.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Online change order with a decrease in price is not routing for approval, this is working fine. But a change orders processed by POA acknowledgement - change orders are routing for approval even for decrease in price. Change order routed for approval again though we have setup that for decrease in price/qty not to trigger workflow on the Purchasing BU Definition component.
Steps to recreate the issue:
1. Ensure Approval Process Definition is set up for Purchasing with Valid criteria
2. Enable "PO Workflow Approval Required" at Purchasing Business unit Definition
3. Ensure "Resubmit Workflow for Quantity or Price Decrease" is unchecked
4. On PO Change Option Tab Select the flag "Buyer Accepted POA Sources" under Automatically Approve Change Request section
5. Disable the Commitment control for Purchasing at Installation Option
6. Turn on the PO Acknowledgement functionality at vendor level under Procurement- POA Settings
7. Create PO and dispatch the same.
8. Now navigate to manage PO Acknowledgements by Buyers ID
9. Click on the Purchase Order Link and reduce the Acknowledge Price
10. Click on Save. Click on Save and Approve
11. EDX acknowledgement with IC status sent by the supplier with decrease in quantity
12. Run PO Auto Change process by Navigating to Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Acknowledgements > Process Change order
13. The PO Change Order process which will create the change order for changes in the PO
14. Navigate to Add/update PO's for designated PO
15. The PO workflow triggered. This seems to be contradictory to the desired functionality
16. With decrease in amount it should not trigger the workflow PO should be in approved status.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!