Error: "SQL:Fetch:object isn't open on a select. (2,288) PV_CHNGSTAT_WRK.PV_EXPAND_SECT.FieldFormula" when Creating a Change Request and Leaving the Reason Code Blank.
(Doc ID 1598975.1)
Last updated on JUNE 12, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User has enabled the functionality to allow Users to enter Change Reason Codes and Comments when entering a Change Request. However, it is optional for the User. If the User then creates a Change Request but does not enter a Change Reason Code and Comment, a PeopleCode error occurs when the User tries to view the Change Request Details.
Error: SQL:Fetch:object isn't open on a select. (2,288) PV_CHNGSTAT_WRK.PV_EXPAND_SECT.FieldFormula
Name:Get_Req_Reason_cd PCPC:16643 Statement:258
Called from:PV_RSTSTAT_WRK.PV_EXPAND_SECT.FieldFormula Name:toggleReqMgrRow
Called from:PV_RSTSTAT_WRK.PV_EXPAND_SECT.FieldFormula Name:ExpandReq
Steps to recreate the issue:
1. Set Purchasing Options, Change Reason Codes.
Set Reason Type = Procurement Change
Reason Code Required = Optional
Comments Required - Leave unchecked
Default Reason code = Blank
2. Create an eProcurement Requisition. Save and submit
3. Expedite the Requisition to build a Purchase Order
4. From Manage Requisitions – Select Edit Requisition.
5. Create a change request by increasing the Qty. Save and submit
6. When prompted for a Reason Code – leave it blank.
7. From Manage Requisitions – Select Change request
8. Click expand icon. Error is received.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!