How To Close a Partially Received Material Return Authorization Line (RMA) for an Inventory Item / How To Resolve the Error "You cannot change the RMA line status to Closed. (11460,138)"
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Order Management - Version 8.9 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 8.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How can you close that partially received Material Return Authorization Line (RMA) for an Inventory Item?
- Your customer has received some Items but they are not the correct ones (say for example that the color is not the one they ordered). They plan to return them to you.
- You create a RMA for that Item and the quantity which is going to be returned by the customer with Return to Option = 'Return to IBU' and Credit Action = 'On Receipt' (navigation: Customer Returns, Create/Update RMA).
- The customer returns part of the Items.
- You create a Receipt in Inventory for the partial returned quantity (navigation: Inventory, Putaway Stock, InterUnit and RMA Receiving).
- The customer changes its mind and decide to keep the remaining quantity.
- If you go back to the RMA and change the status of the line to 'Closed', the following error is issued:
You cannot change the RMA line status to Closed. (11460,138)
An RMA line will close once all the quantity on the line is received. You cannot manually close an RMA line.as it prevents remaining quantity cannot be received.
- Running the 'Order Close Process (OMCLOSE SQR reprot) (navigation: Customer Returns, Close RMA) does not do anything.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms