Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Since release 9.1, it is possible to use the Approval Framework to approve Requisitions instead of the Virtual Approver. Once you have enabled the Approval Framework at the Purchasing Business Unit level (navigation: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain, Business Unit Related, Purchasing, Purchasing Definition - Tab: Req Change Options), all fields of the Virtual Approver section are grayed out. There is even a warning which is issued to inform you that the action cannot be undone. So the fields of the Virtual Approver section stay grayed out even if you turn off the Approval Framework after it has been enabled.
It is important to note that all selected values of the Virtual Approver section are kept when the Approval Framework is enabled. So if the Req Amount Approval Workflow (field REQ_AMT_APPR_REQD) and the Req ChartField Approval Workflow (field REQ_CF_APPR_REQD) were enabled when the Approval Framework is enabled, REQ_AMT_APPR_REQD and REQ_CF_APPR_REQD are kept set to 'Yes' and you cannot modify that anymore since the fields are grayed out.
The 'Cart Replenishment' process (INPGCDMD) (also called 'Par Replenishment' process) (navigation: Inventory, Replenish Par Locations, Create Par Replen Requests) is checking if the Requisition Amount Approval Workflow and Requisition ChartField Approval Workflow are enabled and if they are, it is inserting data into the PS_REQ_APPROVAL table. However it is NOT checking if the Approval Framework has ever been enabled because if that's the case, the Virtual Approver cannot be used anymore and the INPGCDMD process should NOT insert data into the PS_REQ_APPROVAL table.
As a result of this issue, Approval Notifications can be sent to Approvers and entried created into their Worklists based on your Virtual Approver setup while the system should use the Approval Framework setup instead (if enabled).
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Enable the Virtual Approver Workflow for Requisitions at the Purchasing Business Unit level (navigation: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain, Business Unit Related, Purchasing, Purchasing Definition - Tab: Req Change Options)
- Enable the Approval Framework Workflow for Requisitions at the Purchasing Business Unit level > you cannot use the Virtual Approver Workflow anymore.
- Create a Par Location with one Item with a Replenishment Option of 'Non-Stock' and the correct Purchasing Business Unit.
- Count Par Location Levels.
- Run the 'Cart Replenishment' process (INPGCDMD) > a Requisition with a Approval Status of 'Pending' is created > it's OK.
- Go to the 'Requisition Amount Approval' page and the 'Requisition ChartField Approval page' and save them with an Approval Action set to 'Approve' > Approval Notifications are sent to Approvers and entries are created into their Worklists based on your Virtual Approver setup.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms