E-IB: Asynchronous Services Unresponsive or Stalling when Huge Amounts of Integration Broker Transactions Data Accumulate or Data Get Corrupted
Last updated on JANUARY 08, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.48 to 8.55 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Latest revision: 12-Jul-2016 ***
Integration Broker setup is in place and messaging service operation flow works, but some Service Operation Monitor paths become very slow or completely unresponsive.
In particular, Monitor Overview does work, but non-filtered view of Operation Instances do not fetch results, and from a filtered view drilling into Sub Queue Link hangs, too.
Monitor Overview shows transactions of different service operations with different transaction counters, with the estimated total being over a million or more transactions.
Replication Steps for Unresponsive Monitor Scenario:
1. Navigate People Tools > Integration Broker > Service Operations Monitor > Monitoring; Asynchronous Services
2. Switch to tab Operations Instances
3. Wait for response, try Refresh,
4. Observe the operation never finishes
5. Set filters on Date to cover only a day or two, and optionally only specific service operation, hit Refresh
6. See the returned list 300 (out of many thousands, depending on filter)
7. Try to drill down into Sub Queue Link on any row, for example the first.
8. Observe that it hangs, the page spins and no results are returned, expected behavior is to see the instances and Sub Queue link to show data.
On systems with lesser (though still big) amount of accumulated transactions, or with more resources, SO Monitor may remain responsive, but other issues may arise.
In particular, service operation publication or subscription contracts may fail to be created from the operation instances, as the dispatchers stall on selecting next item.
Usually happens after the environment ran for a considerable period of time with high Integration Broker traffic and no Integration Broker live tables maintenance.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms