EPro:Email Collaboration With IPhone And Inline-HTML-Form In IPhone Sends Message With No Subject
(Doc ID 1996311.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 24, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Requisition Create
ePro:Email Collaboration with iPhone and Inline-HTML-Form in iPhone sends message with no subject
When using Transaction Configuration-Notification Option-Delivery Method = Inline-HTML Form
Approval email returned from iPhone does not include a subject line. The message goes back to the email repository with a blank subject line and will not get processed by the EOAWEMC application engine leading to transactions not getting approved. Even if approved by the first approver in an approval process this prevents the email/approval from progressing on to the next approver
Subject needs to be populated in order to get the approval message processed by the EOAWEMC application engine
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enable AWE for Requisitions
2. Setup IB for PSFT_EMC_GETMAIL
3. Set Transaction Configuration-Notification Option-Delivery Method = Inline-HTML Form
4. Create Requisition; Save and Submit
5. On iPhone open email and approve requisition
6. Send message back to email repository account with No Subject Line
7. In Application run EOAWEMC app engine to process the approval and change approval status for step executed
8. Note that the Requisition is not updated and remains in Pending Status; Workflow is not advancing
9. Afterwards the approver will get an email from the repository account stating :"Unable to approve the
The requisition no longer requires an approval. To review the requisition, log
in to the PeopleSoft eProcurement system. If you feel this error was reached
incorrectly, please contact your administrator to review.
You can navigate directly to the approval page by selecting the Requisition"
with Approval link at bottom of the email
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use iPhone for email approvals with Transaction Configuration-Notification Option-Delivery Method = Inline-HTML Form
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document