Last updated on SEPTEMBER 11, 2015
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Application Package code used by Alerts & Notifications processing truncates email addresses at 60 bytes when multiple email addresses are used on the Alert Setup as for Override Email Notification on page EOEN_NTF_REG_SYS.
The EOEN_ALERT app engine runs successfully and submits messages to the integration broker. The IB message fails because it is unable to send to a valid email address, since the appended email addresses are truncated at 60 characters. The length of the field EOEN_SRCH_KEY_VALU is only 60 bytes, and it is used in database table EOEN_SRCHKEY which feeds data to the EMAIL_ADDRESS field on EOEN_AL_CTX table.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create 2 queries that will return results.
2. Create messages for the Alert emails.
3. Create the Notification Registry for Both.
4. Create the Notification System Override for both
a. Enter Multiple IDs [I used USERIDs]
b. email listings together must be greater than 60 Chars [3 will usually be sufficient]
5. Setup the Alert (All required Tabs, I consolidated emails [not sure if required])
6. Setup the Run Control for the Alert
a. Under 'Run Selected Queries' portion, add Both Queries
b. Run the Process
Integration Broker Message EOEN_MSG fails with below mentioned error:
"GetMessageText: No default message. (0,0)
Attempt to call abstract method/property OnError of object, class PS_PT:Integration:INotificationHandler (180,845)".
- Query 1 will send emails to valid addresses found within the 60 Char limit
- Query 2 will NOT send any notifications
All the notification should be send as they are setup without any error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms