E-PORTAL: Accessing a SSO URL/CREF that points to the other application's homepage kicks user out to Login Page
(Doc ID 2039297.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With Single SignOn (SSO) enabled and setup between multiple PeopleSoft applications, if a user logs in to the first one, then try to access a CREF or direct link to the homepage of the other application, or use the ?cmd=start URL, the user gets kicked out of the homepage.
Similarly, Portal Interaction Hub's delivered Content References that point to remote application homepages also no longer work. They are under menu navigation under "Main Menu > PeopleSoft". These links will also kick the user to the login page.
The issue is specific to 8.54.11 and up.
When the issue occurs, this message is seen in the application server log:
PSAPPSRV.160 (428) [2015-07-23T13:02:54.367 PS@abcdef.oracle.com (IE 10.0; WIN7) HomepageTemplate](1) (NET.346): Failed to execute HomepageTemplate request
Sample Replication Steps:
1. User logs into Portal
2. Clicks on "Main Menu > PeopleSoft" and select the SSO application link corresponding to the remote content application
3. User is kicked out and the error is seen in the app server log
1. Two application configured with SSO
2. User logs into the first application
3. Clicks on a link or bookmark to go to the homepage URL of the second application
4. user is kicked out and the error is seen in the app server log
Update the content/remote application environment to 8.54.11 or higher.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document