Error Received when trying to Cancel a Purchase Order (PO). Error: 'The cancelation of the purchase order was not successful. Please return to the purchase order and try again. '
(Doc ID 2060070.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to cancel a purchase order sourced from an epro requisition, the User responds with No-do not resource. The process runs but ends with an unsuccessful cancellation message.
When I click OK on the error message, I'm returned to the PO screen and the PO has gone from Dispatched to Pending Approval and the budget status has gone to Not Checked. The line status is Canceled and the dollar amounts on both the line, header, encumbrance are all zero, but the header status is out of sync. If I look at the associated requisition in Manage Requisitions, the requisition status is PO(s) Canceled but if I click on the requisition and click the PO Information link, the PO status is Pending Approval.
So the PO is stuck in a limbo where the header status is Pending Approval and the line status is Canceled.
At this point, no matter what I do, I cannot cancel the PO. If I budget-check the PO, it becomes Approved but I still can't cancel it. If I dispatch it, I still can't cancel it. Eventually I have to use the Buyer's Workbench to close the PO.
Also, although the PO header says Pending Approval, the PO doesn't actually enter workflow (we use AWE), so if I click on the View Approvals link, it says No matching values were found.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Enable Commitment Control and AWE Workflow for PO
- Create the PO Approval Workflow so that when BUYER_ID = XYZ, Approval is not required. Else, required by the Buyer¿s Supervisor.
- Create a requisition that does not require approval (for simplicity). Budget Check the Req
- Source the Req to a PO that requires Approval. (User VP1). Budget Check the Pending PO.
- Log in as the Approver (WENDYCHO) and Approve the PO.
- Log in as VP1 (Buyer) and Dispatch the PO.
- Log in as VP2, (someone other than VP1 but not as BUYER_ID = XYZ.)
- Click Cancel (Red X)
- Click No to resource the requisition (it doesn¿t matter, issue happens if response = Yes). Click Continue
- Message in red is received: The cancelation of the purchase order was not successful. Please return to the purchase order and try again.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot cancel a purchase order.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!