ETL9.2: Continued Issues With ' X' Comp Time Expired Rows Getting Zeroed Out in Error.
(Doc ID 2063951.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Time Administration
Since they upgraded to the 9.2 release and PUM 11 they are constantly seeing problems with employee's Comp Time Balances being incorrect, especially with 'X' (expired) rows.
It is not expected that comp time balances change to incorrect amounts when running Time Administration.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. two compensatory time plans one that expires and one that does not
2. employee enrolled in both comp plans
3. a high priority exception that is allowable is generated for the period when the non-expiring comptime plan has time taken, the balances in the compleav_tbl and the comp_day_bal table are correct
4. allow the exception
5. rerun time admin to create the payable time that wasn't created due to the exception
6. the expiration rows that had balances for the expiring comp plan are now zeroed out in error even though nothing was processed in the period for this plan
This is a critical issue for customers. They have had to run TL_COMP_TST (to identify employees in error) and TL_CMP_EMPL (fix select employees) in production several times a week which is unacceptable.
Customer scenario that is causing them to constantly have to make corrections is:
Many times the errors or fixes are to TOTAL PAID TAKEN_TOTAL on TL_COMP_DAY_BAL. However we have come across an employee who is enrolled in two comp time plans (H270DAYEXP – expires in 270 days and OTNOEXP – does not expire) and the employee had reported time on 8/4/2015 (REG and CTU (CTU being the TRC to ‘take’ OTNOEXP time). The day was in error due to a custom rule that determines if the time reported exceeds the scheduled hours for the day.
The user corrected the exception (still reporting REG and CTU) on 8/11/2015 at approximately 9:40 AM, time admin was run on the employee at 10:36 AM. The exception cleared, the balance for OTNOEXP deducted as it should, however the X rows in TL_COMP_DAY for the employee’s H270DAYEXP plan were zeroed out. The employee did not report any TRCs in the 7/26-8/8 pay period that would earn or deduct against H270DAYEXP(compplan that expires).
Why is time admin altering a comp time plan that was not impacted? referenced steps in time admin they think is causing the issue is in DD000. Step 020, DA000.Step 080 and DA000.Step 090.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document