Last updated on MARCH 04, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, People Tools 8.54, Project Chartfields
Unable to submit/approve journal while Project id is inactive.
When the user is creating a journal using project chartfields: Project ID, PC BU, Activity ID, after the journal is validated and submitted for approval, since the Project becomes inactive due to end of date, the journal cannot be submitted for approval.
1) The following combination is not Valid: PC Business Unit: XXXX, Project: YYYYYYY, Activity: (13100,710)
PC Business Unit - Project - Activity combination is not valid. Please, select a valid combination
2) Projects ChartFields are invalid for Business Unit GL XXXX. (13100,269)
Business Unit has changed since entering Projects ChartFields. You have to enter valid Project ChartFields for this Business Unit.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a journal with active open Project ID
2. Run journal edit online and the journal will have V status
3. Before submitting journal for approval, the Project becomes inactive and the status is closed
4. Submit journal for approval and the error message appears.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms