Last updated on JUNE 14, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Journal / Ledger Inquiry
GL9.1 Emails are getting triggered for approval in a different template than what was defined under approval rule set up.
Journal Approval Routing
Journal Has Been Approved
Journal Has Been Denied
The Journal Approved and denied template is being used correctly by the system, the issue is only for Journal Approval template, it isn’t picking up the generic template, instead It is generating emails in the attached format I mentioned.
Please note the issue is only with journal approval and not approved or denied. Both approved and denied are working OK.
The notification email content should be the one from the generic template on Journal Approval.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set Approval method as Approval Framework;
2. Set Transaction Registry for Process ID GLJournalApproval and fill in the Thread Class;
3. Set Transaction Configuration for Process ID GLJournalApproval and for event On Final Approval add 2 notifications for both participants: Approvers and Requester with Template Journal Approved;
4. Set GL User List definition by role;
5. Set Approval Process Setup for Process ID GLJournalApproval with 1 stage and set criteria for Ledger, Business Unit and Source;
6. Integration Broker setup - to amke sure is active Service Operation JRNL_AF_EM_APPROVAL;
7. Set the Integration Broker queue, GL_EM_APPROVAL, on Queue Status to Run;
8. Set Approval options for journal sources to Require Approval (for Journal Source ONL);
9. Define User Preferences setup so as Mark Journals to post to be unchecked;
10. Restrict user rights for posting the journal;
11. Ensure to check Worklist user and Email user options for the approver
12. Create a General Ledger journal
13. Submit for approval
14. The notication sent for journal that needs approval has incorrect content, is not using generic template Journal Approval
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms