Last updated on JUNE 29, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) - Version: 2008 R2
On : 8.55 version, Updates and Fixes
Trying to use PeopleTools 8.55 DPK to install NON-UNICODE PS_HOME on Linux platform
When trying to install an non-Unicode PS_HOME using the 8.55.08 DPK files in Linux or Windows OS and using psft_customizations.yaml file where db_unicode changes false for non-Unicode, The install completes with new PS_HOME/setup directory, (but) the file named Unicode.cfg still says UNICODE = 1.
A Unicode psfsapp2-tst server was cloned as pscsapp-tst with a copy of 8.55.03 PS_HOME and then patched to 8.55.05 and later to 8.55.08. In the CS92UPG PT 8.55.08 environment on pscsapp-tst, all COBOL fail. pscsapp2-tst was then cloned from pscsapp-tst.
An NON-UNICODE PS_HOME created using the 8.55.08 DPK
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Cloned the Linux server to a new server named pscsapp2-tst. All previously installed PS_HOME have been deleted and the old ps_home8.55.08 directory was renamed to uni_ps_home8.55.08.
2. Downloaded the 8.55.08 DPK files.
3. Unzipped the first DPK file to create the migration and setup directories.
4. Created a psft_customizations.yaml file where specifying that db_unicode is false.
5. Run the psft-dpk-setup.sh command with --env_type midtier --deploy_only --deploy_type tools_home options.
6. Where it asks if you want to continue with the default initialization process, answer 'n'.
7. Copy the psft_customizations.yaml file to /etc/puppet/data.
8. Change directory to /etc/puppet/manifests and run puppet apply site.pp.
9. The install complete with the new PS_HOME/setup directory, (but) there is still a file named unicode.cfg. This file still says UNICODE = 1. “
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot setup a new PS_HOME/setup directory with non-Unicode.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms