FAPSAR00 or INAS fails with Error Code 173, "Called program file not found in drive/directory"
(Doc ID 2191453.1)
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to invoke INAS from any on-line page containing the INAS button, the following error is displayed on the page. Please note the details, and especially the numbers at the end, may vary depending on which component the process is being invoked from, and other factors.
Note that XX will vary depending on the year, and will represent the *first* part of the aid year being run. So for example: INAS2020 for aid year 2020-2021 and INAS2021 for aid year 2021-2022.
The same error will be returned if INAS Batch Calc (FAPINCLC) is run or when INAS is invoked as part of running another program such as ISIR Load (FAPSAR00) if 'Call INAS' has been selected on the ISIR Data Load Parameters, or Verification.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
For Batch processes:
- Navigate to Financial Aid > File Management > INAS Batch Calculation > Batch INAS Calculation or Financial Aid > File Management > ISIR Import > Process ISIRs > ISIR File Load
- Enter parameters.
- Run the process.
- After the process completes, go to Process Monitor.
- Click View/Log Trace link in the lower right. (Don't click the link for 'Message Log'.)
- Review the log file in the file list.
For the on-line process:
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Federal Application Data > Correct 20nn-20nn ISIR records > Student Information for the appropriate aid year and any student.
- Click 'INAS' button.
The error can potentially occur any time INAS is called, but is usually/typically seen in conjunction with applying a new patch involving updates to one or more INAS related programs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document