EGL9.1+: Self Approval Is Disabled But Requestor is Able To Approve a Journal After Reassignment
Last updated on JANUARY 08, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Consider below scenario & see attachment to understand further:
1. Set up Approval process step to disable self approval at a stage.
2. Set up Approval process definition criteria to include journals from a source & Enable approval at source level for that source.
3. In General Ledger - User Preferences, Mark Journals to Post option should be unchecked
4. Log in as requestor (VP1).Enter a Journal for source(for which approval is enabled), Edit the Journal & then Submit for Approval
5. Notice that journal is not self approved as self approval is disabled. Take the OPRID of any of the approvers.
6. Log in as workflow admin(SVP1) and reassign this pending journal of approver to the requestor. Do not select 'Allow Self-Approval'.
7. Log in as requestor (VP1). Go to worklist & approve the Journal.
Requestor is able to approve a journal after reassignment (Approver reassigns the journal to the Requestor to approve), even if "self approval" is disabled at the approval stage level & also on 'Monitor Approvals page' under 'reassign pending tasks' section. Is it the correct AWE behaviour ?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms