E-PG: Performance Issue When Running Pivot Grids With Tree
(Doc ID 2233920.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 04, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Pivot Grid models created using Tree Option may face performance issues.
The following error is received when running a pivot grid created with Tree Option:
"An error has occurred."
1. Create a new view called GL_ACCT_TEST_VW
, SUM( A.POSTED_TRAN_AMT)
, SUM( A.POSTED_BASE_AMT)
FROM PS_LEDGER A
, PS_GL_ACCOUNT_TBL B
WHERE ( A.ACCOUNT = B.ACCOUNT
AND B.EFFDT = (
FROM PS_GL_ACCOUNT_TBL B_ED
WHERE B.SETID = B_ED.SETID
AND B.ACCOUNT = B_ED.ACCOUNT)
AND A.LEDGER NOT LIKE 'CON%')
GROUP BY A.BUSINESS_UNIT, A.AFFILIATE, A.CURRENCY_CD, A.BASE_CURRENCY,
A.ACCOUNT, A.DEPTID, A.PRODUCT, B.DESCR, A.LEDGER
ORDER BY 5, 3
2. Navigate to PeopleTools > Security > Query Security > Query Access Manager.
3. Add the view to a tree.
4. Navigate to Reporting Tools > Query > Query manager.
5. Create public query GL_ACCT_TEST.
SELECT A.BUSINESS_UNIT, A.AFFILIATE, A.CURRENCY_CD, A.BASE_CURRENCY,
A.ACCOUNT, A.DEPTID, A.PRODUCT, A.POSTED_TRAN_AMT, A.POSTED_BASE_AMT,
FROM PS_GL_ACCT_TEST_VW A
6. Navigate to Reporting Tools > Pivot Grid > Pivot Grid Wizard.
7. Create a new pivot grid, GL_ACCT_TEST_PG.
8. Select the newly create query as a data source for the pivot grid and leave all the fields selected as default in step 2 of the wizard.
9. Specify data model values under General Options tab.
10. Under Tree options tab attach a tree for account and for department.
11. Go to step 4 of the Wizard.
12. Select "Pivot Grid Only" as view.
13. Click on Next.
14. Results returned, when click Save user was logged out.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document