I9: Rehires Have Incorrect First Day Of Employment In Section 2
Last updated on FEBRUARY 16, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an employee terminates and has sequenced Job Rows as part of their historical data and are then rehired their "First Day of Employement" is incorrect in Section 2 of the I9 Form.
When the employee completes an I9 on their rehire date, the "employee's first day of employment" date in Sec 2 should show as the rehire date but instead is shown as the original hire date.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Add a person
2. Add Name
3. Update the following fields:
Date of Birth
4. Under “Contact Information”
a. Add Address
b. Add Phone Information
5. Organizational Relationships: Check Employee, Set Hire, then click Add Relationship
6. Once you click “Add Relationship” you are brought to the Work Location Tab:
7. Click OK and you are brought back to the “Organizational Relationships” Tab
8. Add a New Profile so new hire can log in .
9. Navigate to “Modify A Person” and in Correct History Mode change the Biographical History effective date to a previous date and Save.
10. Navigate to Job Data and in Correct History mode change the Hire date back to date set in step 9. Click Save.
11. Log out and Log in as the New Hire
12. Complete I9 through Self Service
13. Sign out and Log back in as Admin.
14. Navigate to Complete/Reverify EE Form I-9
a. Verify hire date is date set in step 9 in Section 2
15. Navigate Back to Job Data to make Job Changes and Terminate and Rehire Employee.
16. Click Save and OK
17. Log out and Log back in as the employee to complete a new I9- you will have to wait one day or delete the original as employees can only submit one I9 per day.
18. Repeat Steps 12-14
19. Notice the hire date on the new I-9 is the original hire date but should be the rehire date.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms