EGL9.2: Year End Close Process(GL_YC) Creates Unbalanced Journals As It Doesn’t Process Ledger Entries Created By Revaluation Process
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 22, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Year end close process (GL_YC) creates unbalanced journals as it doesn’t process ledger entries created by revaluation process.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Set up Closing Rule & Closing Process group
2. Set up Revaluation Step & Revaluation Process group. Include at least 1 expense & 1 revenue account in source chartfields tab.
3. Note the Market rate when source data was entered
4. Enter & post a journal with asset, liability, equity, revenue & expense accounts which shall be processed by the YE close process.
Make sure to enter few foreign currency rows using the P/L accounts used in revaluation step. Those rows would be source data for revaluation process.
5. Change market rate before revaluation
6. Run Revaluation process
7. Run Closing trial balance report & capture the result.
8. Request to run Year end close using GL_YC
9. Check the journal created by closing process.
10. Run Closing trial balance report & capture the result.
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
Closing process creates unbalanced journals for 999 period.
closing process shouldn't create unbalanced journal
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms