User Cannot Save an Activity Status if the Effective Date Falls Outside The Start / End Date Range.
(Doc ID 2306358.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 11, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Project Status record can be saved with an effective date that is outside the project start / end date range. If the user attempts to save the status row, a warning is generated but the row can be saved anyway. However, if the same attempt is made to save an activity status with an effective date outside the activity's date range, the user receives an error message, not a warning, and the data cannot be saved.
This should behave consistently at both the project and activity levels.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a project noting the start and end dates.
- Add a project status with an effective date outside the project start and end date range.
- Click Save. Click OK on the warning message. Click OK again.
- Add an activity to the project and note the start and end dates for the activity (these should be within the project range).
- Add an activity status with an effective date outside the activity start / end date range and save.
This impacts usability as the behavior is inconsistent. By allowing the status entry but generating a warning, users have greater flexibility as is currently the case with the project status.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document