HR Notification Process Runs To "No Success" When Using HR Group
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Workflow
HR Notification process runs to "No Success" when using HR Group.
First operand of . is NULL, so cannot access member PROCESS_INSTANCE. (180,236) GB_API.Section1.GBL.default.1900-01-01.Step01.OnExecute PCPC:282 Statement:3
2017-09-18-11.32.45.000492 DoStepActions  Exception logged: RC=100.
Process 3439 ABENDED at Step GB_API.Section1.Step01 (PeopleCode) -- RC = 8 (108,524)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using Query Manager create query to pull processing population.
2. Create Group id and tie to query from step 1. Navigation: Set up HCM>Common Definitions>Group build>Group Build - Group Definition
3. Create a Group ID - Definition Navigation: Set up HCM>Common Definitions>Group build>Group Build - Group Definition
4. Grant access to the employee that will process the HR Notification to the group definition from step 3. Navigation: Set up HCM>Common Definitions>Group build>Security by Group- Add HCSC_NOTIF_ADHOC component.
5. Update the HR GROUP, if needed. Navigation: Set up HCM>Common Definitions>HR Notification>Notification Recipient Setup
6. Run HR Notification - use group id for the to: in the email. Click on the advance options and check recurring and frequency every day. Click ok and Send notification.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms