POs With Dispatch Method Email Do Not Produce Email Notifications
(Doc ID 2329263.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 16, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Purchase Orders with dispatch method Email do not produce email notifications. Issue started when and only when People Tools upgraded from 8.53.10 to 8.55.05 (while the PeopleSoft Financials 9.1 did not change).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in as VP1/VP1.
2. Navigate to the menu item shown below, then click Add to add a new PO for BU US001. Then the Purchase Order page displays.
3. On Purchase Order page, in the Copy From field, select Purchase Order. Then the Copy Purchase Order from Purchase Order page displays.
4. On the Copy Purchase Order from Purchase Order page, select or input PO ID 0000000230, or any other existing dispatched PO ID for BU US001. Click Search. Then the selected PO ID displays in the Select PO grid.
5. On the Copy Purchase Order from Purchase Order page, click the Select check box. Click OK. Then a Message box displays.
6. On Message box, click OK. Then the Purchase Order page displays.
7. On Purchase Order page, select dispatch method Print.
8. On Purchase Order page, click Save. PO ID changes from NEXT, and PO status changes to Approved.
9. On Purchase Order page, click the budget check icon.
10. Wait until the PO budget-checks, then the Budget Status changes to Valid.
11. Navigate to the Dispatch POs page, then search for run control ID PODTL, or create a new run control ID.
12. On the Dispatch POs page, select or input the new PO ID just added, then click Run. Then the Process Scheduler Request page displays.
13. On the Process Scheduler Request page, click the Select check box for process POXMLP, click the PO XMLP Dispatch hyperlink. Then the Job Detail page displays.
14. On the Job Detail page, select Type Web, Format PDF, and click the Distribution hyperlink.
15. On the Distribution Detail page, in the Email Only group, click the Email Web Report check box, then input an email subject, a message text, and your own email address, as illustrated below. Then, click OK. Then the Job Detail page displays.
16. On the Job Detail page, click OK. Then the Process Scheduler Request page displays.
17. On the Process Scheduler Request page, click OK. Then process POXMLP starts.
18. Navigate to the Process Monitor page, wait until process POXMLP changes run status to Success, and distribution status to Posted.
19. Then, a PO dispatch notification email is sent to your email address.
20. Open the email. The email contains email subject and message text as specified in step 15. Also, the email message text includes a link to the completed PO Dispatch process output.
21. On the email, click the link to the completed PO Dispatch process output, then a process output page opens.
22. In conclusion, the PO with dispatch method Print successfully produces an email notification.
23. Repeat steps 2 to 6.
24. On the Purchase Order page, select dispatch method Email.
25. Continue with steps 8 to 18.
26. Then, a PO dispatch notification email is not sent to your email address.
27. In conclusion, the PO with dispatch method Email unsuccessfully does not produce an email notification.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!