EGL9.2: Spreadsheet Journal Import(JRNL1_WS) Encountered "Document Sequence Number Is Required" Error If the Imported Journal Is Edited In Batch Edit Process Via PIA
Last updated on DECEMBER 11, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While importing a journal with 'Edit Journal(s)' check box NOT selected & editing in batch edit process via PIA encountered , "Document sequence number is required" error.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Opened the JRNL1_WS.xlsm template.
2. In the Define options and defaults section, enable document sequencing and Edit Journal checkboxes are not checked.
3. Enter a journal successfully and import it online.
4. Check the journal online by navigating to Create/Update Journal Entries page.
5. Navigate to General Ledger > Journals > Process Journals > Edit Journals and then try to edit the journal in batch mode by specifying the run control parameters.
Please see the Replication screenshots for more details.
When the journal are edited in batch, then the journal goes to error status. It is giving error saying that, "Document Sequence Number is required."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms